About Soul-Care™ Therapeutic Curriculum & Adoptive/Foster Parent Training
Soul-Care™ Therapeutic Curriculum and Seminars train adoptive and foster parents to use tangible, concrete methods that will equip children/teens/young adults to create healthy, emotional attachments leading families from brokenness to wholeness.
Soul-Care™ Therapeutic Curriculum, a family resources of HopeHouse International® is a Christian based curriculum that offers more than just information and advice. It is not a concept, workbook, book, etc. It is a concrete, results-oriented comprehensive approach for on-going, home-based therapeutic interventions. In addition, it’s Therapeutic Resource Tools are concrete methods that can be used at a moment’s notice to parent a child/teen of trauma and create healthy emotional attachments.
Soul-Care™ Therapeutic Curriculum is successfully being used in eight countries and is translated into three languages as part of the ministry of HopeHouse International®.
Soul-Care™ Adoptive/Foster Parent Training Seminar
Soul-Care™ is a parent-led therapeutic curriculum and is most effective when both spouses attend.
Registration price varies (learn why)
Scholarships applications are available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Soul-Care Training Seminars: (Open to public)
- Murfreesboro, TN, Saturday, February 25, The Warehouse (8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Nashville-Franklin, TN, Friday, April 28, Drury Plaza (8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Atlanta, GA, Saturday, September 9 Maggianos-Perimeter Mall (9:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Nashville-Brentwood, TN, Friday, September 22, Brentwood Baptist(8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Murfreesboro, TN, Saturday, September 23, The Warehouse (8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Nashville-Franklin, TN, Saturday, November 11, Clearview Baptist*(8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
Overview of Topics:
- Understanding trauma’s effects on every area of life (past, present and future)
- Guiding a child/teen from detachment towards healthy emotional attachment
- Breaking shame cycles
- Creating esteem cycles
- Re-adjusting parental expectations
- Identifying underlying roots of negative behaviors and which parental responses/consequences promote attachment
- Addressing strategies for children/teens/college students with ADHD, Learning Differences, Developmental Delays (social and academic)
- Restoring broken trust between parent and child/teen
- Rediscovering hope through opportunities to help a child/teen journey from brokenness to wholeness thus changing the trajectory of a family’s future
- Marriages (Speaker, Linc Taylor, when available)
Cost of the training seminar includes:
- Soul-Care™ Therapeutic Curriculum and Training
- Soul-Care™ Therapeutic Resource Tools and Training
- Guided Interactive Curriculum Practice
- One (1) Therapeutic Journal specifically written for Soul-Care™
- Feeling Identification Resources
- “Let’s Imagine” children’s book to recall suppressed memories
Lunch is not included, but will be provided for purchase.
Payment plan for families with extenuating circumstances:
We are willing to work with couples to create a payment plan provided that the total cost of the seminar is paid prior to the day of seminar. For more information, please email: email@example.com
Learn why this seminar is critical for parents who are experiencing challenges with their adopted children as well as those who have not yet experienced challenges. Frequently Asked Questions
For information about HOSTING a Seminar for churches, agencies, ministries, small groups, etc., in your city, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOSTING a Seminar includes providing promotion, venue, sound and 3-4 volunteers.
Behavioral/Trauma Specialist and Licensed Professional Counselor, Melissa N. Shaw, and Adoptive Parent and Co-Founder of HopeHouse International®, Deneen A. Turner. About Curriculum
For questions, email: email@example.com